Stance seeks original philosophical papers authored by current undergraduates.
Stance welcomes papers concerning any philosophical topic. Current
undergraduates may submit a paper between 1500 and 3500 words in
length (footnotes may extend the word limit 500 words at most). Stance
asks that each undergraduate only submit one paper for the journal per
year. Papers should avoid unnecessary technicality and strive to be
accessible to the widest possible audience without sacrificing clarity
or rigor. They are evaluated on the following criteria: depth of
inquiry, quality of research, creativity, lucidity, struggle,
significance, and, most importantly, originality.
• Manuscripts should be in Microsoft Word (.doc or docx.) format and
sent as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Manuscripts should be double-spaced (including quotations, excerpts,
• The right margin should not be justified
• To facilitate our anonymous review process, submissions are to be
prepared for anonymous review. Include a cover page with the author's
name, affiliation, title, and email address. Papers, including
footnotes, should have no other identifying markers.
• Footnotes should follow Chicago Manual of Style. Examples are on our
website under Notes for Contributors.
• Please use American spellings and punctuation, except when directly
quoting a source that has followed British style.
DEADLINE: Friday, December 16, 2011